Date: January 30, 2004 at 5:30pm
Note taker: opello
- Date and time of the meetings.
- Friday seems to work out.
- Mailing list
- Going to a discussions + announcements mailing list
- Tips and tricks section archived from discussion mailing list showing 'our best tricks'
- Meeting room
- We are shooting for a public place, and at little or no cost.
- To be coordinated over the mailing list
- Install Fest
- An install fest might be a good idea.
- We decided we should pick a specific distro and stick to it to create less confusion.
- Pick a date
- Find a place with enough room
- next month - vector doing ip / firewall / tunnels / security
- Book Reviews
- Introduce and view a sample of the book reviews
- Deciding whether to do a library type concept and check out books, or have drawings for them. looks like we are leaning towards a library idea?
- Let us know if your willing to do a book review.
- Shirts, Hoodies, Stickers, Case badges
- Looking around for prices
- Nixon, resident graphics guy, playing around with logos and layouts.
- slogan contest / submit ideas
- SLUG Officers
- Need slightly more formal system of governing SLUG
- Executive committee to deal with things and be responsible
- Various topics of discussion include:
- embedded Linux
- plausible denyability encryption
- various bouts of awkward silence
- voluntary dues